In this full-day front-end workshop on Friday June 2 2017, Vitaly Friedman from Smashing Magazine will be providing you with smart and applicable solutions for your day to day responsive design problems.
Designing Better Responsive Experiences
With more power comes more responsibility. Everybody loves responsive design, but with the growing complexity of design solutions and the ever increasing need for speed and accessibility, the need for smart solutions for designers and developers grows every day.
What is the workshop about?
Vitaly will cover 3 main topics: Responsive UX, Design patterns and Processes and workflow.
- Optimizing responsive websites for better mobile UX, faster data input and higher conversion rates.
- Crafting delightful interfaces with smooth transitions, clever animations and improve perceived performance along the way.
- Using clever techniques for responsive UX navigation and search.
- Building and maintaining future proof pattern libraries and design systems.
- Designing "responsive modules" such as mega-drop downs, tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps, carousels and web forms.
- Using anti-patterns (for performance and slow UX decay).
- Applying clever patterns such as improved off-canvas navigation, assistant pattern, smart URL design, priority+ pattern, vertical media queries, “view mode” approach, lazy loading, autocomplete, type-ahead search, filters, portrait/landscape orientation change, inventory-based sliders, the country selector and responsive iconography.
Processes and workflow
- Implementing effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project.
- Adapting design processes in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organisation and strategy.
After this workshop you are able to:
- Come up with better solutions for complex responsive UX-design problems
- Use design patterns which are fast and scalable
- Implement a better responsive design workflow in your projects/company
Who is this for?
This workshop is intended for designers, developers and everybody else who is dealing with responsive design or wants to better understand responsive design in general. It helps if you are familiar with some basics of responsive design, HTML5 and CSS, but it's not a requirement.
What do I need to bring?
You'll need to bring a lot of creativity and your preferred coffee mug. A laptop will also be useful.
- Doors open
- Morning Session
- Coffee Break
- Afternoon Session
- Coffee Break
- The End
Lunch, drinks and snacks are included in this workshop. The workshop is taking place on Friday June 2, 2017 in North Point.
Any questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org